Sunday, December 15, 2013

Another old dream for you to consider.

For the amount of time it took me to write and finish Something About Sophia, this feels like it is flying by. Right now, Sophia is, for all intents and purposes, standing on her own, and I am free to finish Gertie's story. 

Gertie entreats us to ponder our place in the world, where we want to go, what we would like to accomplish when we get there, and whom we will allow by our side as we do those things to serve the world. I began this project the year after Something About Sophia, and honestly, have spent a lot of time on it. I find flapper-era and Depression-era stories very romantic, in a way. Gertie highly benefitted from my curiosity. I wondered if I just set her free, where the story would go. I found out. I think you will like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment