Monday, March 18, 2013

The Beginning

In 2009, my life was going through some rapid change. It didn't feel like anything I couldn't handle, because I was at peace with all of the movement. Over our frequent "soul coffee chat" one afternoon, my friend Tammy uttered five words that changed almost everything:  "You should write a novel."

About what? How do I write a novel? I'm not that interesting-- which is a total lie, because I AM that interesting. Each of us has a story to tell, and usually five or six if we stop long enough, and get quiet, before we begin to tell them.

A novel? Who's going to read my novel? Why would I want them to? Granted, I had written and edited the college newspaper, and blogged for years, but lately most of the writing I'd done was relegated to Facebook statuses, or "statii." Being Greek, I feel justified in making up appropriate language.

Well, then. A novel, I mused. Let me doodle about that a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment